Mr. Aaron Rao
School of Business and Management
Aaron Rao is currently a Lecturer, School of Business and Management. After a brief stint as an advertising film producer in Malaysia, Aaron decided that education is where his passion lies. He has since been teaching media and communications for over 6 years covering areas such as film production, mass communication theories, and media literacy, which also happens to be his research interest.
Aaron is also an active food and portrait photographer in Singapore having worked with multiple food and beverage and e-commerce companies.
- Masters of Arts, Communication (Film Studies) University of Science Malaysia, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication (Film Studies), University of Science Malaysia, 2009
- Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2017 – Present
- Food & Portrait Photographer, 2017
- Lecturer, TMC Academy, 2014 – 2017
- Lecturer, Taylor’s University, 2013 – 2014
- Lecturer, University Tunku Abdul Rahman, 2011 – 2013
- Film Producer, Pegasus Film, 2008
- "Photography in Hollywood: Image manipulation in modern Entertainment", International Journal of Science Commerce & Humanities, ERM Publications, Vol 7, Issue 3, pp. 167-172 (2016).
- "14 Years On: Erin Brockovich and Todays Mainstream Female Leads", International Journal of Science Commerce & Humanities, Vol 2, No 8, pp. 55-60 (2014).
- "Television in Singapore: An Introduction to Its Television Industry", International Journal of Science Commerce & Humanities, Vol 5, No 8, pp. 56-61 (2014).
- "Young people and New Media in Malaysia: An Analysis of Social Uses and Practices" (with Balraj, S.B., Pandian, A. and Prasad, N. V.), Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce, Researchers World. Vol 4, pp. 59-65 (2013).
- "Film Censorship and Its Relevance in Modern Malaysia", International Journal of Science Commerce & Humanities, Vol 1, No 3, pp. 74-85 (2013).
- "Media Literacy in Post Graduate Video Productions", Journal of Media Studies, a bi-annual refereed journal of the Department of Communication, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Thirunelveli, India. Vol 2, pp. 308 – 314 (2012)
- "Young people and creative video production: A case study of media making on issues of friendship and stress among secondary school students in Malaysia" (with Prasad, N. V. and Zain, D.), Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce, Researchers World. Vol 3, pp. 83-89 (2012).