Dr. Shailey Chawla
School of Engineering and Technology
Dr Shailey Chawla is currently a Lecturer teaching Computing and Information Technology subjects in the School of Engineering and Technology at PSB Academy. She has previously worked in research department at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in area of Big Data Analytics and Educational Data Mining. She has teaching experience at University of Delhi and Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University of various subjects in computing at post graduate and undergraduate level.
She completed her Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science from University of Delhi. Her research interests include Big Data Analysis, Requirements Engineering and Educational data mining. Her research has been published in reputed international journals and conferences.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Computer Science), University of Delhi, 2016
- Master of Philosophy (Computer Science), Madurai Kamaraj University, 2008
- Masters in Computer Applications, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, 2002
- Bachelor of Science, University of Delhi, 1999
- Certificate course in Becoming a Skilful Teacher, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2015
- University Grants Commission, National Eligibility Test for Lectureship, India, 2013
- Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2017 - present
- Post Doctoral Fellow, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2015 - 2016
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Delhi, 2012 - 2014
- Assistant Professor, Jagan Institute of Management Studies, GGSIPU, 2002 - 2010
- Jiannong Cao, Shailey Chawla, Yuqi Wang, Hanqing Wu. Programming Platforms for Big Data Analysis, Big Data Handbook 2017, 65-99, Springer.
- Hongliang Lu, Jiannong Cao, Shailey Chawla, Yuqi Wang, Saohe Lv and Xiaodong Wang. A Cluster Based Approach for Task Scheduling Across Multiple Programming Systems, Proceedings of CloudCom-Asia 2016, Springer.
- Chawla, S., Srivastava, S., & Bedi, P. Improving the quality of web applications with web specific goal driven requirements engineering. International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, 1-13, Springer, Jan 2017.
- Shailey Chawla, Sangeeta Srivastava, Punam Bedi, “Evaluation of Web-specific Goal oriented Requirements Language models with Quantitative reasoning” , Volume 39, Issue 2, ACM Sigsoft SEN notes, March 2014.
- Chawla, Shailey, and Sangeeta Srivastava. "A Goal based methodology for Web specific Requirements Engineering." In Information and Communication Technologies (WICT), 2012 World Congress on, pp. 173-178. IEEE, 2012.