Dr. Intan Azura Mokhtar
- Doctor of Philosophy (Information Studies), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Master in Public Administration, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Master of Science (Information Studies), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Secondary), National Institute of Education, Singapore
- Bachelor of Science (Physics), National University of Singapore, Singapore
Dr Intan has been a Member of Parliament for Ang Mo Kio GRC since 2011.
An experienced lecturer, she has taught at many educational levels from secondary school to diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate as well as executive and professional programmes. Dr Intan had also served a stint as an Assistant Professor in the Abu Dhabi University in the United Arab Emirates, and as a lecturer in Singapore Polytechnic. She has also taught at her alma mater, the National Institute of Education (NIE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), as an Assistant Professor.
She has published in peer-reviewed journals and presented her research work at conferences on the Singapore education system and on information literacy. An accomplished academic, she has also won various awards in her line of work, including the Faculty Service Award from the Abu Dhabi University, the NTU Outstanding Young Alumni Award, the NUS Outstanding Science Alumni Award, the NUS Outstanding Young Alumni Award, and the Asia-Pacific Educational Research Association Young Researcher Award.
Dr. Intan remains actively involved in several organisations, (national and community levels), serving as either a member, advisor or board member.