Dr. Sam Choon Yin
- Ph.D, University of South Australia, 2003
- M.Soc.Sci., National University of Singapore, 2001
- M.Bus., University of Technology, Sydney, 1999
- B.Soc.Sci. (Hons, 2nd Class Upper), National University of Singapore, 1998
- B.A. (Merit), National University of Singapore, 1997
- Postgraduate level: Global Trade and Strategy, Managerial Economics, Public Sector Management
- Undergraduate level: Business Ethics, Business Finance, Business Statistics, Business Strategy, Cross Cultural Management, Financial Modeling (Econometrics with EViews), Global Business and Politics, Leadership and Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing Research, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Modernization in the Global Context
1. “Partial privatization and the role of state owned holding companies in China”, Journal of Management and Governance, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 767-789 (2013).
2. “Understanding the relationship between the government and sovereign wealth funds: the case of Singapore”, New Zealand Journal of Asian Studies, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 86-104 (2012).
3. “Is economic nationalism good for the environment? A case study of Singapore” (with Sajid Anwar), Asian Studies Review, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 39-58 (2012).
4. “Exploring the link between tax evasion and the underground economy”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp.167-182 (2010).
5. “Partial Privatization, Corporate Governance, and the Role of State-Owned Holding Companies”, Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 58-81 (2008).