To qualify for certificate, students must meet the following criteria:
|Certificate in English Proficiency||Students must pass all levels of examination (Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5), with exception of exempted levels.|
|Certificate/Diploma/Foundation Diploma||Students must pass all prescribed and required elective modules (with the exception of exempted modules).|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes||Student is eligible for an award when student meets all graduation requirements of the programme.|
As an established and trusted private educational institution, PSB Academy is committed to maintaining a high standard of confidentiality with respect to the personal data of our students, alumni, employees and associate lecturers in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”).
To help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect the personal data of our students, alumni and associate lecturers please see our Data Protection Policy. Employees can refer to the employee personal data protection policy in HR policy manual in our intranet.
Should you have any feedback or enquiries relating to your personal data, please contact:
The Personal Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the following address:
For more information about the PDPA, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg.
1) “Personal Data” is defined under the PDPA to mean personal information, whether true or not and whether in electronic or other form, about an individual who can be identified:
Examples of personal data are your name, address, NRIC/FIN/Passport number, photograph or video image, telephone numbers and email addresses.
2) To find out more about PDPA, you may visit the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission’s website.
Purposes for Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data
1) PSB Academy Pte Ltd and its partners, including its University partners (collectively “PSB Academy”, “we” or “us”) collect, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes in connection with the products or services which you have applied for, to the extent applicable:
2) By providing the Personal Data, including those related to a third party (e.g.: information of your parents) to us through the various channels (e.g.: written form, webpage), you represent and warrant that consent, including that of the third party, has been obtained for collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the respective purposes. In the event the personal data is to be used for a new purpose, PSB Academy will notify you and seek your consent.
3) PSB Academy ensures that your Personal Data held by us shall be kept confidential. When transferring personal data to our third-party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations whether in Singapore or elsewhere to carry out one or more of the purposes listed above, we will require them to ensure that your Personal Data disclosed to them is kept confidential and secure.
Withdrawal of Consent
4) Associate Lecturers and students may withdraw your consent to any or all use of Personal Data for any or all of the purposes set out in this policy in writing using the Withdrawal of Consent Form and submitting through our DPO email or through our Reception counter in either of PSB Academy’s campuses. For alumni, you may “unsubscribe” to the relevant notifications from Alumni Services.
Without prejudice, if you withdraw your consent to the use of your Personal Data for any or all purposes, depending on the nature of your request, PSB Academy may not be in a position to continue to provide our services to you or administer any contractual relationship in place, in which case PSB Academy reserves the right to cease providing the services and/or terminate the contractual relationship with you.
5) Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree and acknowledge that any withdrawal of your consents in accordance with the terms set out in this notice will not affect any consent which you may have provided to PSB Academy in respect of the use of your Singapore telephone number(s) for the receiving of marketing or promotional information.
Administration & Management of Personal Data
6) As PSB Academy relies on your Personal Data to provide services to you, you shall ensure that at all times the information provided by you to us are correct, accurate and complete. Student shall update us in a timely manner of all changes to the information provided through “Updating of Particulars” via PSB Academy website. Alumni and Associate lecturers shall update their Personal Data through our relevant departments as and when necessary or through our annual update.
7) You can view your personal data which PSB Academy has collected and stored at any time. To do so, you will need to submit your request via email to the relevant schools to view your personal data residing with PSB Academy. Your right to view your personal data is limited to your personal data only. PSB Academy is not permitted to reveal any personal data about any other individual. PSB Academy reserves the right to refuse access to your personal data if it will reveal or lead to the revelation of another individual’s personal data, cause harm to you or another individual or is contrary to the national interest.
8) Your Personal Data is retained to the extent one or more of the purposes for which it was collected remains valid and/or for other legal or business purposes for which retention may be necessary.
9) PSB Academy will take commercially reasonable efforts to take appropriate precautions and preventive measures to ensure that the electronic storage and transmission of your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured with the appropriate security arrangements and that our data intermediary are aware of the requirements of PDPA. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your Personal Data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
10) If you have any feedback or enquiries relating to our PDPA related policies and procedures or would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
11) PSB Academy reserves the right to amend this Policy with or without notice from time to time.
Please note that this Policy does not derogate from the terms and conditions governing your relationship with PSB Academy and its related corporations. PSB Academy’s rights under this Policy shall be without prejudice to other rights of collection, use and disclosure available pursuant to the terms and conditions or under the law and nothing herein is to be construed as limiting any of these other rights.
PSB Academy is committed to providing a channel for students to provide feedback and to resolve any disputes in an objective, fair and systematic manner as they arise, and to provide recourse for them to be addressed and resolved.
A student feedback may arise from any aspect of a student's educational experience at the Academy. If the student considers that the feedback is a complaint/grievance due to supposedly unfair or unreasonable events, he/she should, at the earliest possible opportunity, seek to resolve the complaint/grievance with the relevant parties (e.g. lecturers, student services and/or PSB Academy staff).
For matters related to student’s discipline and/or academic matters (e.g. appeals against results, expulsion, suspension, exclusion, attendance matters, etc.), the university or PSB Academy procedures exist for dealing with such matters will take precedence over this student dispute procedure.
A student who is seeking dispute or grievance resolution should follow the Dispute Resolution Process flowchart or 4-steps outlined below. Each step should be completed before going to the next step.
Student is to approach his/her school for assistance to address his/her feedback first. The school may, if necessary, arrange a meeting to resolve the matter(s) raised through the feedback with the school and/or relevant parties, if applicable. Amicable resolution of the matter will be a priority of PSB Academy during such informal meeting.
In the event that the matter raised is not resolved during Step 1, student can file the issue formally in written form (via letter or Online Enquiry & Feedback). Only issues with at least the following information provided by the student will be followed up. The relevant department will contact the student upon validating that the case is genuine.
1. A brief outline of the case and the prior attempts made to resolve through the school
2. The facts and evidences supporting the case.
PSB Academy will initiate relevant investigations and resolution actions, wherever applicable, to resolve and close the case amicably with the student within the 14 working days. A formal response will be made to the student.
In the event that the student and PSB Academy are unable to resolve the issue, either the student and/or PSB Academy should first refer the dispute to the Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) through the Committee for Private Education's Student Services Centre (SSC) (http://www.cpe.gov.sg/general/contact-info) prior to any other further actions.