Learning Resources Centre
Learning Resources Centre & Study Room
Learning Resources Centre
The PSB Academy Learning Resources Centre is strategically located at ground floor of Block E, Delta Campus and 4th floor of the City Campus respectively. It has a collection of resources that serve the information and research needs of members. It is divided into 2 sections, namely The Learning Resources Centre and Study Room.
Learning Resources Centre (LRC)
8.30am - 8.00pm (Mon - Fri)
9.00am - 2.00pm (Sat)
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
8.30am - 10.00pm (Mon - Fri)
9.00am - 5.00pm (Sat)
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
Following are the LRC Workshops for April to June 2017.
New Additions and Partner Universities
- Click here for Career Bibliography
- Click here for List of 3 days Short-Term Loan Collection
- Click here for the Recent Additions to the Learning Resources Centre (January 2017)
- Click here for the Recent Additions to the Learning Resources Centre (February/March 2017)
Partner Universities Libraries
- The University of Newcastle Australia (UON) Library
- The University of Western Australia (UWA) Library
- University of Wollongong (UOW) Library
- La Trobe University (LTU) Library
The following services are available in the Learning Resources Centre:
- Loan of LRC materials
- Use of computer facilities
- Free wireless network
- Self-service network printing and photocopying with the use of Ezlink/NETSFlashPay card (@Delta Campus only)
- Reservation of books
- Scanning (@Delta Campus only)
- Laminating (@Delta Campus only)
- Online Bookcase
- Student Support Workshops
|Services||Print Type||Payment Mode||Size||Price Per Page|
|Photocopying||Black & White||EzLink /
|Printing||Black & White||EzLink /
OPAC (On-Line Public Access Catalogue)
To search for available titles of the Learning Resources Centre collection, users can use the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). OPAC also allows members to know the status of the book whether it is on the shelf or out on loan.
Click here to access the service
The Learning Resources Centre subscribed to e-Books on Engineering and Life Sciences from Wiley InterScience and ScienceDirect respectively. Following is the list of subscribed e-book from Wiley.
List of e-books on Engineering and Life Sciences.
To view them, click the following website:
With regards to the list of subscribed titles with Elsevier, visit:
Note : For sciencedirect.com you will have to select the category under Biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology.
- New E-Books Titles
List of Titles from Cambridge University Press and Oxford University Press
Memberships & Loans
Students will automatically be members of the Learning Resources Centre once they are enrolled into the programme until the end of the course. A PSB Academy Student Card will be issued and this can be used for loan of Learning Resources Centre materials.
For loan services, members are to proceed to the Learning Resources Centre counter.
|Accompanying Material||1||14 days|
|Books / AVs (Short-Term Loan)||1||3 days|
|Audio-Visuals (Reference Media)||1||3 hours|
|Audio-Visuals (Teaching Resources)||1||3 days|
- Members need to report mutilated books before borrowing.
- Members are responsible for all loans charged to their accounts and materials must be returned in good condition.
- Returned items, which are mutilated or damaged, would have to be paid by the borrower.
- Members will need to pay for Learning Resources Centre fines on overdue loans, replacement and administrative fee of lost or damaged items.
- Members need to settle Learning Resources Centre fines in full before the next Learning Resources Centre transaction.
- Learning Resources Centre privileges will be suspended till all fines are settled in full.
- Members should update the Learning Resources Centre immediately for any change of personal particulars.
- Loan of multiple copies of a book with same title, author and edition is not allowed.
Fines & Payments
|Duration of programme|
|Books / Accompanying Materials||S$0.60 per day per item after the due date
(Maximum fines of S$50.00 per item)
|S$1.00 per hour overdue or part thereof per item
(Maximum fines of S$50.00 per audio-visual)
|S$1.00 per day per item after the due date
(Maximum fines of S$50.00 per item)
|Payment of Lost Items|
|Books / Accompanying Materials||Fines** + S$25.00 per item (book/accompanying material) + cost of book/accompanying material|
|Audio Visuals||Fines** + S$50.00 per item (audio-visual) + cost of audio-visual|
**The fines chargeable will be from:
- Due date to the date when the item is reported lost; or
- Due date to the date the item is returned (if it is subsequently found)
Renewals / Reservation / Recall / Returns
Members may renew borrowed Learning Resources Centre materials subject to non-reservation of the item by another member. Renewal request can only be done one (1) week prior to the due date either:
- Personally at the Learning Resources Centre counter during Learning Resources Centre opening hours.
- Via email to LearningRC@psb-academy.edu.sg
- No renewals via the phone is allowed. The loan period for renewed book is 7 days.
- No renewal is allowed for the Short-Term Loan collection.
Note: Member to provide NRIC No., Full Name as indicated in NRIC and barcode no. of the book in the email.
Reservation can be placed for lending materials already on loan. Book reservation can be done in person at the Learning Resources Centre counter or via email. The reserved item(s) will be kept for 5 working days after which the reservation will lapse. Members must come personally to collect the reserved item(s).
Loan items may be recalled. Members should return the recalled item(s) within 7 working days from the day of notification failing which borrowing privileges will be suspended. Continuation of existing loan privileges will be subject to member’s response to the recalled item(s).
Members may return borrowed Learning Resources Centre materials
- Via Book Drop next to the Learning Resources Centre entrance (except for overdue books, accompanying materials and audio-visual materials).
- At the Learning Resources Centre counter (for overdue books, accompanying materials and audio-visual materials).
Rules & Regulations
- Members must produce their PSB Academy Student Card when using the Learning Resources Centre’s facilities and services, or when requested by the Learning Resources Centre Staff.
- The PSB Academy Student Card card is non-transferable.
- Mutilation and theft of Learning Resources Centre materials are offences and punishable by law. Appropriate action will be taken against such offenders. Disciplinary action may also be taken to student members and staff found committing such offence.
- Consumption of Food and Drink, other than bottled mineral water is NOT ALLOWED in the Learning Resources Centre and Study Room.
- There shall be NO SMOKING in the Learning Resources Centre and Study Room. Appropriate action will be taken against offenders.
- No playing of games eg. Cards, board games, etc in the Learning Resources Centre and Study Room.
- Loud conversation or other disturbance is forbidden in the Learning Resources Centre and Study Room.
- Mobile phones should be switched to vibration mode whenever in the Learning Resources Centre/Study Room. Members are to answer the phone outside the Learning Resources Centre/Study Room.
- Learning Resources Centre Staff has the right to ask any person to leave the Learning Resources Centre/Study Room if he/she does not comply with the PSB Academy Learning Resources Centre Rules and Regulations.
- Learning Resources Centre staff has the right to ask members to show all books and personal belongings at the exit if deemed required.
- The Learning Resources Centre will not be held responsible for any loss of personal belongings. Learning Resources Centre staff has the right to remove any item or personal belongings left in the Learning Resources Centre premises if deemed necessary.
- All outstanding fines and overdue items must be paid or returned to the Learning Resources Centre by the stipulated date.
- Overdue notice(s) sent by Learning Resources Centre only act as a reminder to members on the overdue items.
- Members will still need to pay the Learning Resources Centre fines for non-receipt of overdue notice(s) sent.
- The Academy reserves the right to amend or change the Learning Resources Centre Rules and Regulations and conditions of membership, without prior notice or explanation.
- I am a PSB Academy student. How do I go about borrowing books from the Learning Resources Centre?
You will need to present your PSB Academy Student card to the circulation counter staff for loan of books from the Learning Resources Centre.
- If I am a visitor, am I allowed to use the Learning Resources Centre?
No. The PSB Academy Learning Resources Centre is for members only.
- How do I search for available titles within the Learning Resources Centre’s collection?
You can use the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) to search for materials that are available in the Learning Resources Centre.
- How many books am I entitled to borrow at any one time?
You can borrow up to a total of 3 (three) books.
- What is the loan duration for the Learning Resources Centre books?
- How do I return the books when the Learning Resources Centre is closed?
Via the Book drop.
- How do I renew my loans?
Renewal request can only be done one (1) week prior to the due date either personally at the circulation counter during Learning Resources Centre’s opening hours or via email : LearningRC@psb-academy.edu.sg
Two (2) renewals are allowed per book, subject to non-reservation of items by another member.
- Are photocopying and printing services available in the Learning Resources Centre?
Self-serviced photocopying and printing services with the use of Ezlink/NETSFlashPay card are available in the Learning Resources Centre.
- If I have not returned overdue items can I still borrow books from the Learning Resources Centre?
No. Learning Resources Centre privileges will be suspended until the books are returned and all fines are paid in full.
- Can I reserve a book which is out on loan?
Reservation can be placed for Learning Resources Centre materials already on loan. A maximum of two (2) reservations are allowed per member.
Book reservation can be done in person at the Learning Resources Centre counter or via email.
- How do I know when the reserved item is ready for collection?
Members will be notified once the reserved materials are ready for collection.