To qualify for certificate and/or progression, students must meet the following result criteria:
|Programme ||Passing Criteria |
|Certificate in English Proficiency ||Student must pass all levels of examination (Level 1, 2, 3 and 4) with grades A, B, C or D. |
|Certificate/Diploma ||Student must pass all prescribed modules (with the exception of exempted modules) with grades A, B, C, D or P. |
|Preparatory Course for Engineering |
|Student must pass all prescribed modules (with the exception of exempted modules) with grades A, B, C, D or P in order to qualify for progression to Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering programmes. |
|Preparatory Course for Life Sciences ||For entry to the Bachelor of Science Programme (UWA), student must attain grades of an average of “C” across all three units with no unit less than “D”. Students must also fulfill the English Language requirements. |
|Foundation Diploma ||For Foundation Diploma in Business Studies, student must achieve an average pass (in 8 modules) and a minimum 50% for EFTS2 in order to progress to Year 2. |
For Foundation Diploma in Engineering, student must achieve an average pass (in 6 modules) and a minimum 50% for EFTS2 in order to progress to Year 2.
The following table shows the grades with corresponding Grade Point and Credit Units
|Grade || Range ||Grade Point |
|Credit Units |
|A ||80 - 100 ||4.0 ||5 |
|B+ ||75 - 79 ||3.5 ||5 |
|B ||70 - 74 ||3.0 ||5 |
|C+ ||65 - 69 ||2.5 ||5 |
|C ||60 - 64 ||2.0 ||5 |
|D+ ||55 - 59 ||1.5 ||5 |
|D ||50 - 54 ||1.0 ||5 |
|F (fail) ||0 - 49 ||0.0 ||5 |
|F@ (fail on re-sit) ||0 - 49 ||0.0 ||5 |
|P (pass on re-sit) ||50 - 100 ||0.0 ||5 |
|I (approved leave of absence) ||N/A ||N/A ||0 |
|I@ (absent with no valid reason) ||N/A ||0.0 ||5 |
|XX (exemption) ||N/A ||N/A ||0 |
The method of calculating GPA is as follows:
|GPA = ||SUM [ (credit units assigned to module) X (module grade point) ] |
|SUM ( credit units assigned to module) |
Issuing of Certificate
- Students who fulfil the course requirements will qualify to receive the respective certificate.
- Students who are unable to collect the certificate personally may nominate a proxy.
- Students are advised to take good care of the certificate as it is strictly nonreplaceable. Students are to ensure that upon registration of programme, the name indicated on the registration form is the registered name which appears on their NRIC or passport. After the issue of certificate, students who request for any changes made to their names on certificates or re-printing of certificate will be required to pay a certificate re-print fee of $107 (includes GST).
- Re-printing of certificate - The student must return the original certificate to PSB Academy.
- A package comprising the student’s transcript and syllabus can be made available upon request. An administrative fee of $21.40 (includes GST) is applicable. However, if student wishes to request for additional copy of transcript only, an administrative fee of $10.70 (includes GST) shall apply. Note: PSB Academy only maintains the training records for up to 5 years. As such, it may not be able to service request for official records beyond the 5-year period.
Deadline for Completion of Programmes
Students will be allowed a specific time period to complete their programmes.
Details are as follows:
|Duration of programme ||Deadline for completion of programme |
|Less than 6 months ||Up to 6 months after course completion date |
|2 years or less ||Up to 12 months after course completion date |
|More than 2 years ||Up to 18 months after course completion date |