Library and Study Room
|Library || |
The PSB Academy library is strategically located at ground floor of Block E, Delta Campus. It has a collection of resources that serve the information and research needs of members. It is divided into 2 sections, namely The Library and Study Room with seating capacity of about 220. There are about 37 computers available for members use. Entry to the library is via the PSB Academy Student card.
| ||Library ||Study Room ||Discussion Room ||Student Hub |
|Monday to Friday |
|8.30am - 8.00pm ||8.30am - 10.00pm ||8.30am - 5.00pm 1 ||10.00am - 10.00pm |
|9am - 2.00pm ||9.00am - 5.00pm || NA ||10.00am - 5.00pm |
|Sunday & Public Holiday ||Closed |
1 Please refer to plasma screen or at library notice board for the room number.
Please take note of the following exceptional operating hours for the following dates:
|Date ||Operating Hours |
|Friday ||13 Dec 2013 ||8.30 am to 7.00pm |
|Monday, Thursday ||23, 26, 30 Dec 2013 ||8.30 am to 6.00pm |
|Tuesday ||24, 31 Dec 2013 ||8.30 am to 1.00 pm (Christmas Eve, New Year Eve) |
|Wednesday ||25 Dec 2013 ||Public Holiday (Christmas) |
|Friday ||27 Dec 2013 ||8.30 am to 5.30pm |
|Saturday ||28 Dec 2013 ||CLOSED |
The following services are available in the library
- Loan of Books/CDs/DVDs
- Use of computer facilities
- Free wireless network
- Self-service network printing and photocopying with the use of EZ-link card
- Reservation of books
|Services ||Print Type ||Payment Mode ||Size ||Price Per Page (S$) |
| || |
|1.5mm || |
|Laminating || ||Cash ||A4 ||$1.00 |
|A3 ||$2.00 |
|Photocopying ||Black and White ||Ezlink ||A4 ||$.0.05 |
|Printing ||Black and White ||Ezlink ||A4 ||$0.10 |
|Colour ||Ezlink ||A4 ||$0.70 |
- OPAC (On-Line Public Access Catalogue)
To search for available titles of the library collection, users can use the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). OPAC also allows library members to know the status of the book whether it is on the shelf or out on loan.
Click here to access the service
The library subscribed to e-Books on Engineering and Life Sciences from Wiley InterScience and ScienceDirect respectively. Following is the list of subscribed e-book from Wiley.
List of e-books on Engineering and Life Sciences.
To view them, click the following website:
With regards to the list of subscribed titles with Elsevier, click on :
Note : For sciencedirect.com you will have to select the category under Biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology.
Students will automatically be members of the library once they are enrolled into the programme until the end of the course. A PSB Academy Student Card will be issued and this can be used for loan of library materials.
For loan services members are to proceed to the library counter.
|Item ||Loan Limit ||Duration |
|Books ||3 ||14 days |
|Books (Short-Term Loan) ||1 ||3 days |
|Accompanying Material ||1 ||14 days |
|Audio-Visuals (Reference Media) ||1 ||3 hrs |
- Members need to report mutilated books before borrowing.
- Members are responsible for all loans charged to their accounts and materials must be returned in good condition.
- Returned items, which are mutilated or damaged, would have to be paid by the borrower.
- Members will need to pay for library fines on overdue loans, replacement and administrative fee of lost or damaged items.
- Members need to settle library fines in full before the next library transaction.
- Library privileges will be suspended till all fines are settled in full.
- Members should update the Library immediately for any change of personal particulars.
- Loan of library materials is not allowed during the last two weeks before the expiry of membership.
- Loan of multiple copies of a book with same title, author and edition is not allowed.
|Books/Accompanying materials ||S$0.60 per day per item after the due date |
(Maximum fines of S$50.00 per item)
|Audio-visuals (Reference Media) ||S$1.00 per hour per item after the due hour |
(Maximum fines of S$50.00 per audio-visual)
|Short-Term Loan ||S$1.00 per day per item after the due date |
(Maximum fines of S$50.00 per item).
Payment of Lost Items
|Books/Accompanying Materials ||Library Fines** + S$25.00 per item (book/accompanying material) + cost of book/accompanying material. |
|Audio Visuals ||Library Fines** + S$50.00 per item (audio-visual) + cost of audio-visual. |
**The fines chargeable will be from:
- Due date to the date when the item is reported lost; or
- Due date to the date the item is returned (if it is subsequently found)
Members may renew borrowed library materials subject to non-reservation of the item by another member. Renewal request can only be done one (1) week prior to the due date either
- Personally at the library counter during library opening hours.
- Via email to email@example.com
- No renewals via the phone is allowed. The loan period for renewed book is 7 days.
- No renewal is allowed for the Short-Term Loan collection.
Note: Member to provide NRIC No., Full Name as indicated in NRIC and barcode no. of the book in the email.
Reservation can be placed for lending materials already on loan. Book reservation can be done in person at the library counter or via email. The reserved item(s) will be kept for 5 working days after which the reservation will lapse. Members must come personally to collect the reserved item(s).
Loan items may be recalled. Members should return the recalled item(s) within 7 working days from the day of notification failing which borrowing privileges will be suspended. Continuation of existing loan privileges will be subject to member’s response to the recalled item(s).
Members may return borrowed library materials
- Via Book Drop next to the library entrance (except for overdue books, accompanying materials and audio-visual materials).
- At the library counter (for overdue books, accompanying materials and audio-visual materials).
Library Rules and Regulations
- Members must produce their PSB Academy Student Card when using the Library’s facilities and services, or when requested by the Library Staff.
- The PSB Academy Student Card card is non-transferable.
- Loss of library membership card should be reported immediately. Member will still need to incur all loans charged to the card till the time the card is reported lost. Member can request for a replacement of lost card at a fee.
- Mutilation and theft of library materials are offences and punishable by law. Appropriate action will be taken against such offenders. Disciplinary action may also be taken to student members and staff found committing such offence.
- Consumption of Food and Drink, other than bottled mineral water is NOT ALLOWED in the Library and Study Room.
- There shall be NO SMOKING in the Library and Study Room. Appropriate action will be taken against offenders.
- No playing of games eg. Cards, board games, etc in the Library and Study Room.
- Loud conversation or other disturbance is forbidden in the library and Study Room.
- Mobile phones should be switched to vibration mode whenever in the Library. Members are to answer the phone outside the Library.
- Library Staff has the right to ask any person to leave the Library if he/she does not comply with the PSB Academy Library Rules and Regulations.
- Library staff has the right to ask members to show all books and personal belongings at the exit if deemed required.
- The Library will not be held responsible for any loss of personal belongings. Library staff has the right to remove any item or personal belongings left in the Library premises if deemed necessary.
- All outstanding fines and overdue items must be paid or returned to the Library by the stipulated date.
- Overdue notice(s) sent by Library only act as a reminder to members on the overdue items.
- Members will still need to pay the library fines for non-receipt of overdue notice(s) sent.
- The Academy reserves the right to amend or change the Library Rules and Regulations and conditions of membership, without prior notice or explanation.