Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Business and Marketing
This programme covers business topics such as business management and marketing together with applied and creative advertising, the course provides a sound grounding in the following core themes:
• Business: students will cover a wide range of topics from business management and marketing to business communication and innovation and change.
• Management: students are introduced the perspectives, fundamentals and role of management that provide them with an appreciation and in-depth understanding of the potential issues in management within organisations. Students also learn to evaluate the management decision-making using a range of tools and techniques.
• Marketing: students will study concepts such as marketing research and corporate marketing strategy, as well as specialist options like digital marketing, global marketing and contemporary marketing issues. Students will be able to understand and apply various marketing concepts in order to achieve competitive advantage. A wide-ranging perspective of the international marketplace and the strategic issues involved in marketing across countries and cultures will also be discussed.
• Communications: students will learn the methods to develop and apply appropriate communication strategies. In addition, the role of all aspects of corporate communications in building and sustaining the corporate brand and organisation reputation will also be discussed.
• Human Resource (HR): students will learn the ways different HR service delivery models contribute to organisational performance. Students will explore the theories and frameworks underpinning organisational change, identify opportunities for innovation and improvement in organisations and explain the rationale for choice in the context of organisational objectives.
• Research: this forms an important part of the degree, giving students the skills in qualitative and quantitative, primary and secondary research to complete an independent study of a specialist business or marketing topic and present the findings in the form of a dissertation.
- Advertising & Promotions Management
- Business Management
- International Marketing and Investments
- Marketing, etc
- Top 12 University in the UK
(Guardian University Guide 2018)
- Awarded Gold for Outstanding Teaching and Learning
(Teaching Excellence Framework 2017)
- UK's Top Modern University
(Complete University Guide 2018)
- Top 200 Young University in the World
(Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2017)
- University of the Year
(Times Higher Education Awards 2015)
The programme can be completed within 16 - 28 months* for both full-time and part-time pathways.
*Advanced standing may be granted for applicants with relevant diplomas/advanced diplomas.
Students will undertake 13 modules, which will be delivered over four trimesters.
Each academic year is divided into three trimesters commencing March, July and November.
Assessment and Examination
Modules are assessed by a mixture of examinations, written coursework and presentations.
• Marketing Research I
• Marketing Principles and Practice
• Academic Study Skills
• Communications for Marketing and Advertising
• Organising for Business
• Accounting for Business Managers
• Academic Writing: Developing Critical Thinking Skills
• Marketing Research II
• Contemporary Issues in HR Service Delivery
• Digital Marketing
• Career Preparation
• Effective Communication Skills II
• Marketing Management
• Managing Business
• Advanced Marketing Study (Project)
• Brand and Corporate Communications
• Global Marketing
• Corporate Marketing Strategy
• Contemporary Marketing Issues
• Innovation and Change
2018: March, July, November
Local Student Admission
● GCE A Levels (3 A-level passes which must include a business-related subject such as Business, Economics, and Mathematics or similar); OR
● Polytechnic diploma in Business, Management, Marketing, OR
● Business and Management-related fields; OR
● Business Diploma/Advanced Diploma awarded by PSB Academy; OR
● Diploma/Advanced diploma from private institutions
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will be assessed on a case by case basis
English Language Requirement
● English Language at GCE ‘O’ levels at grade C or above; OR
● IELTS of 6.0 in overall; OR
● Completion of PSB Academy’s Certificate in English Proficiency Advanced Level
International Student Admission
For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.
|Per Module||Per Year|
- All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
- Programme fee excludes textbooks
- Click here to view other charges for students
- Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. Please contact our Programme Consultant for more information.
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
How to Apply
Please bring along the required documents below to come to our admission office @ PSB Academy City Campus (Marina Square) to register during our operating hours (Weekdays: 9am to 7pm and Saturday: 9am to 5pm)
- 1 x passport-size photo (hardcopy or JPEG softcopy)
- Copy of NRIC
- Copy of all post-secondary/tertiary certificates and transcripts
- Non-refundable application fee of $107
Payment Modes Accepted:
Admissions Office: Cash | Cheque | NETS | Debit Card | Credit Card
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.