Bachelor of Science Sport and Exercise Science (Top-up) (PT)
Edinburgh Napier University
This top-up programme explores the science used to help the body perform to its full potential. It offers more than most sports science degrees because you learn about science purely in its relationship to exercise and sport. Study physiology, biomechanics, and sports psychology but also take a very practical approach to the application of science to sport.
Students will learn how to carry out a wide range of procedures and use equipment involved in exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports psychology, injury rehabilitation and coaching.
The practical nature of this programme also encourages the development of skills necessary for all graduates to perform efficiently in the work environment.
Award of Qualification
Students who successfully complete and pass all requirements will be awarded the Bachelor of Science Sport and Exercise Sciences from Edinburgh Napier University. The degree awarded will be the same as that to the on-campus graduates.
- Top 45 UK University for Sports Science
Guardian University Guide 2018
- Top 10 University in Scotland for Sports Science
Complete University Guide 2018
- Rated 5 Stars for Teaching, Employability and Internationalisation
QS Stars 2017
- 92% Research Internationally Recognised
Research Excellence Framework 2014
- Top 180 University for International Outlook
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-2017
- 3 Palmes of Excellence - Excellent Business School with Reinforcing International Influence
Eduniversal Business Schools Ranking 2016
- Top 16 UK University for Hospitality, Event Management & Tourism
Guardian University Guide 2018
This programme can be completed in 24 months.
|Edinburgh Napier University Degree Programme|
Level 8 (Year 2)
Level 8 (Year 3)
* Module exemptions for Republic Polytechnic's Diploma in Sports and Exercise Sciences graduates.
Part-time: February, May and September
Part-Time: 320 hours (average)
Maximum Candidature Period
There is no formal maximum period in which a student must complete their programme of study. But there is flexibility within our regulations to extend the period of study based upon each students individual requirements - our regulations allow students to suspend their study for up to 2 academic years in exceptional circumstances.
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy Delta Campus.
Some modules may be delivered by our university partners’ teaching staff in an intensive block mode.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
The minimum admission requirements are:
- Entry to Level 8 (SCQF) without exemptions:
- • Diploma from a recognised institution in a unrelated discipline, on a case by case basis.
- Entry to Level 8 (SCQF) with exemptions:
- PSB Academy’s Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science, or
- Diploma from a recognised institution in a related discipline (e.g. sports coaching, sport and exercise science), or equivalent
- Entry to Level 9 (SCQF): Local Polytechnic Diploma, or
- Advanced Diploma or equivalent from a recognised institution in a related discipline (e.g. sports coaching, sport and exercise science)
English Proficiency Level
- GCE O-Level English (Grade 1 to 6) or equivalent; or
- IELTS score of 6, with no element less than 5.5; or
- PSB Academy's Certificate in English Proficiency (Advanced)
Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. Please contact our Programme Consultant for more information.
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fees include laboratory fees where applicable
* Programme fees exclude textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.