CMA Part One Exam Preparatory Course
IMA (Institute of Management Accountants)
For more than 40 years, the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) certification has been the global benchmark for management accountants and financial professionals. Why? Because CMAs can explain the "why" behind numbers, not just the "what." And that can give you greater credibility, higher earning potential, and ultimately a seat at the leadership table.
CMA Exam Structure
The CMA certification consists of 2 exam parts:
- Part One: Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance, and Control
- Part Two: Financial Decision Making
This preparatory course is for Part One only.
Why join the preparatory course at PSB Academy?
The preparatory course for the CMA exam by PSB Academy is a fully taught, lecturer-guided course, designed to:
- Assist candidates with registration for IMA membership and examination
- Provide students with contextual industry knowledge, on top of study material
- Monitor students as they progress in the course
- Support students when guidance and clarifications are necessary
- Enable candidates to perform at the exams
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)-certified professionals are compensated 50% higher than non-CMAs globally
IMA US and Global Salary Survey 2016
The preparatory course is designed to be completed within 1 month.
Assessment and Examination
The preparatory course is designed to prepare candidates for the CMA examination.
To support candidates in their preparation work, the course includes a mock exam, and an exam review and practice session.
Exam Part 1 - Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance, and Control
Section A: External Financial Reporting Decisions
This section covers the four financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes in equity, and statement of cash flows) as well as recognition, measurement, valuation, and disclosure concepts.
Section B: Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting
This section looks at basic budgeting concepts and forecasting techniques that provide the information a company can use to execute its strategy and pursue its short and long-term goals.
Section C: Performance Management
This section deals with the methods of comparing actual financial performance to the budget. It also describes tools that incorporate both financial and nonfinancial measures to aid an organization in matching its planning to its overall strategy.
Section D: Cost Management
This section describes various costing systems that can be used to monitor a company’s costs and provide management with information it needs to manage the company’s operations and performance.
Section E: Internal Controls
This section begins with a discussion of the assessment and management of risk. Understanding risk provides the basis for internal auditing activities and the means of ensuring the security and reliability of the information on which the company bases its decisions.
Part-time: March 2018
Part-Time: Total of 45 hours
Sessions, mock exam, and exam review and practice will be conducted within our City Campus.
Examination will be held at Prometric.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
Applicants for the CMA Examinations are expected to hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or a related professional certification. (For details, please refer to the Education Qualification Section of the CMA Handbook.)
Total programme fees: S$6,300
The programme fees is inclusive of the following items:
- 2 year IMA membership fee (can also be used for further exams)
- IMA registration fee
- Examination fee for CMA Part 1 Examination
- IMA-approved CMA course materials
Special discounted fees apply to:
- Current PSB Academy students
- Current accounting and finance students (of any institution)
- Current IMA members
Please contact the Programme Consultant to find out if you are eligible for discounted fees.
Financial Aid / Available Grants / Financing Options
Please click here to view financing options, financial aid, and available grants.
How to Apply
Completed application form should be submitted to PSB Academy accompanied by:
- Academic transcripts and certificates (certified true copy by PSB Academy authorised staff)
- A copy of NRIC/FIN
- Passport photo
- A non-refundable and non-transferable application fee of S$107 (inclusive of 7% GST) by the following avenues:
o City Campus (Cheque, NETS, Debit and Credit Card)
o Post (Cheque - please indicate payee as “PSB ACADEMY PTE LTD”)
o Internet Banking
For assistance for your application, please contact the Programme Consultant:
DID: +65 6390 9056
Whatsapp: +65 9824 3854