Diploma in Business Administration (Banking and Finance) (PT)
Banking and Finance is a much sought after discipline. The knowledge and skills learned in the programme will equip you with a comprehensive understanding of theoretical principles and applications of banking and finance.
The Diploma in Business Administration (Banking and Finance) programme is developed for those who wish to acquire a comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of banking and finance. Students in the programme will be able to understand and discuss current developments in the industry, and acquire knowledge and skills needed for a career in banking and finance.
At the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Develop a sound understanding of contemporary theories and practices of banking and finance
- Develop the capability to discuss and analyse economic and financial reports
- Understand the nature of the financial system, and the roles of banks and other financial intermediaries
- Assume higher levels of responsibility in management as a result of newly acquired/improved knowledge and skills
The programme can be completed within 12 months for part-time pathway.
This programme consists of 8 modules, amounting to a total of 240 contact hours for the part-time pathway.
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each module, students will be provided the assessment mode and weightings for the module. Most modules have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
- Business Decision Making
- Principles of Accounting
- Financial Management
- Banking and Finance
- Bank Management and Financial Services
The delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and is subject to change.
Part-time: January, April, July, October
Part-Time: 240 hours
Maximum Candidature Period
Part-Time: 24 months
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
The minimum entry requirements are:
- 2 GCE 'A' Levels; OR
- PSB Certificate in Business Management; OR
- Mature candidates (≥30 years old with 8 years work experience); OR
- Candidates with other qualifications will be considered as case-by-case basis.
International Student Admission
Total Programme Fee (Part-time Pathway): $5,264.40*
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.