Bachelor of Information Technology (PT)
The University of Newcastle Australia
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Major in Systems Development) degree provides strong technical foundations blended with an understanding of people, organisations and complex systems. The programme makes extensive use of real-world problems to produce graduates who are technically competent, creative and able to adapt to the workplace
Students are exposed to the use if IT in various settings, concentrating on traditional business uses of IT. Emphasis is placed on problem-solving, teamwork, and social and professional responsibility. It is expected that many graduates of this programme will go on to leadership roles in companies involved in the development or innovative application of information technologies.
- Top 224th University in the World
(QS World University Rankings 2018)
- Top 10 University in Australia
(QS World University Rankings 2018)
- Global Top 250 University
(Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-2017)
- 15 subjects ranked in the world's top 200
(QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018)
- A presence in Singapore since 2006 with full-time academic staff and a teaching and learning advisor based locally. More than 4,700 University of Newcastle graduates from 37 countries.
This programme can be completed within 28 months.
This programme consists of 22 modules and 1 Final Year Project. Students can take up to 12 modules per academic year. Each academic year is divided into 3 trimesters.
Assessment and Examination
Assessments may include laboratory assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
- Computing Fundamentals
- Introduction to Procedural Programming
- Foundations of Information Systems
- Web Technologies
- Database and Information Management
- Introduction to Programming
- Foundations of Management
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Applications Programming
- Systems and Network Administration
- Business Analysis
- Project Management
- Media Production: Social and Interactive Media
- Mobile Applications and the Cloud
- Web Programming
- System Analysis and Design
- Business Intelligence
- The Information Resource
- Human-Computer Interaction
- IT Major Project
- The Digital Economy
- Knowledge Management
- Business Decision Making
Delivery of modules may not follow the sequence above and are subject to changes.
January, May and August
Local Student Admission
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Diploma from a local polytechnic relevant to Information Technology; OR
- Diploma in Infocomm Technology from PSB Academy; OR
- Other Diploma or equivalent qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
English Language Requirements:
- Applicants should either possess a diploma from a recognised institution where English is the sole medium of instruction; OR
- IELTS 6.0 (with no subbands below 6.0)
*Click here for more information on language proficiency.
International Student Admission
For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.
Local / International Student
Course fees: From $27,392.00 (with exemptions)
Course fees: $41,088.00 (without exemptions)
* All fees are inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Course fees are payable in instalments
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
Early Application Rebate
All non-Student Pass applicants who formally submit their applications 2 months before course commencement date and accept their offer by making their first installment payment will be eligible for an early-bird sign-up rebate of 5% off their total course fees.
Step 1: Download application form
Application Form for Enrolment:
Step 2: Completed application forms should be submitted to PSB Academy accompanied by
- A non-refundable application fee to be made payable to 'PSB ACADEMY PTE LTD' by cheque or money order
- Certified true copies of transcripts and certificates
- Photocopy of NRIC / Passport
- For Master's degree programme application, please attach reference letters as per University's requirement.
For company-sponsored applicants:
- Payment must be made by company cheque.
- Please write applicant's name and NRIC, Programme Title and Programme Date on the reverse side of the cheque.
|Local Application Fee (Inclusive of 7% GST) with effect from 1st January 2018|
|Certificate and Diploma||S$64.20|
|Bachelor's and Master's Degree||S$107.00|
Click here to view Transfer, Withdrawal & Refund Policy
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.