Graduation & Award of Qualification
Award of Qualification
To qualify for certificate, students must meet the following result criteria:
|Certificate in English Proficiency||Student must pass all levels of examination (Level 1, 2, 3 and 4), with the exception of exempted levels.|
|Student must pass all prescribed modules (with the exception of exempted modules).|
|Foundation Diploma in Business Studies/ Engineering||Students who have passed all modules or have met the universities’ progression criteria.|
|Foundation Diploma in Life Sciences||Students must pass all prescribed modules (with the exception of exempted modules).|
|Preparatory Course for Engineering Diploma||Students must pass all prescribed modules (with the exception of exempted modules).|
To qualify for progression, students must meet the following criteria:
Foundation Diploma in Business Studies / Engineering
The University of Newcastle Degree Programmes
For progression to Year 2 of Bachelor (Business) degree, students must achieve an average pass – 50% or more (in all prescribed modules, with the exception of exempted modules) and a minimum of 50% in EFTS2.
For progression to Year 2 of Bachelor (Communications) degree or Year 2 of Bachelor (Engineering) degree, students must achieve an average credit pass – 60% or more (in all prescribed modules, with the exception of exempted modules) and a minimum of 50% in EFTS2.
University of Wollongong Degree ProgrammesWith effect from Year 2013, for progression to Year 2 of the Bachelor of Commerce, students must achieve an average pass – 50% or more (in all prescribed modules, with the exception of exempted modules) and a minimum of 50% in EFTS 2.
|Bridging Course for Diploma in Business Administration||Students must pass all prescribed modules in order to qualify for progression to the Diploma in Business Administration or any of its major.|
Issuing of Certificate
- Students who fulfil the programme requirements will qualify to receive the respective certificate.
- Students who are unable to collect the certificate personally may nominate a proxy.
- Certificates and official transcripts will be ready for collection 6 weeks from the date of the student’s last module results release date. Students will be notified by email within 4 weeks from the last exam result release date.
- Request for re-printing of certificates is allowed at a fee of S$160.00 (inclusive of GST) per copy. The certificate re-print service excludes CIE-validated certificates and programmes taken prior to September 2009. Re-printed certificates will be issued with a new certificate number.
- In the event of any change in name (not as a result of spelling error) after the certificate is issued, the Academy will not accept any requests for re-issue of a new certificate or official transcript bearing the new name. Instead, students can provide documentary proof (usually a Deed Poll) verifying the change in name and a certifying letter reflecting the new name will be issued to the student. An administrative fee of S$20.00 (inclusive of GST) shall apply.
- A package comprising the student’s transcript, certifying letter and course outline can be made available upon request at S$60.00 (inclusive of GST). An administrative fee of S$60.00 per package (inclusive of GST) is applicable. Students may also request for a single item from the package (transcript or certifying letter or course outline) at an administrative fee of S$20.00 per item. Note: Since PE Act came into force in September 2009, PSB Academy has complied with the regulatory requirements for all student records to be kept perpetually. For records prior to September 2009, PSB Academy adopts a 5-year retention policy.
- PSB Academy reserves the right to destroy certificates which are not collected beyond the timeline indicated on the letter of notification. Requests for re-prints will be subject to the re-print fee of $160.00 (GST included) per copy.
Deadline for Completion of Programmes
Students will be allowed a specific time period to complete their programmes.
Details are as follows:
(with effect from new intakes commencing 21 September 2011 onwards)
|Duration of programme||Deadline for completion of programme|
|Less than 6 months||Up to 6 months after course completion date|
|2 years or less||Up to 12 months after course completion date|
|More than 2 years||Up to 18 months after course completion date|