Bachelor of Arts in Business Management
Edinburgh Napier University
The Business Management programme provides a coherent and vocationally relevant academic curriculum, designed to equip students for a career in business and management. This programme will allow students the opportunity to build on previous experience and develop skills and knowledge. Students will develop an understanding of the theories and concepts of business and management and the competences to apply them in practical business situations.
The challenging learning curriculum develops critical, analytical, creative and reflective approaches to business and its environment, further developing employability and leadership skills, enabling you to respond positively to future change within the business world. On completion of the programme students will be well placed to seek employment with a wide range of employers. The international perspective developed through the materials will provide a
background to better understand and succeed in the increasingly global environment faced by all organisations. The programme also provides students with a solid foundation to proceed to more specialist studies.
- 5 Stars in Teaching, Employability and Internationalisation (QS Stars, 2016)
- 92% Research Internationally Recognised (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
The Business School
We are a modern, global and dynamic business school home to students, staff and researchers inspired by the world around them to provide creative, sustainable solutions to economic challenges and the needs of society.
- 3 Palmes of Excellence - Excellent Business School with Reinforcing International Influence (Eduniversal Business Schools Ranking 2016)
- Top 9 UK University for Hospitality, Event Management & Tourism (Guardian University Guide 2017)
- No 1 in Scotland for Hospitality, Event Management & Tourism (Guardian University Guide 2017)
School of Applied Sciences
From career guidance to sports performance, biomedical science to ecotourism, research into human life, human behaviour and our understanding of the environment is at the centre of the School of Applied Sciences.
- Top 50 UK University for Sports Science (Guardian University Guide 2017)
This programme can be completed in 28 months*.
*Advanced standing may be granted for applicants with relevant diplomas/advanced diplomas.
Students will be required to complete the following:
- 6 modules for each calendar year
- 2 modules in each trimester
Bachelor of Arts
No. of modules
Academic Year 3
←---1 Calendar Year---→
Assessment and Examination
Modules are assessed by a mixture of examinations, written course work and presentations.
|Trimester 1||International Business|
|Introduction to Human Resource Management|
|Trimester 2||Managerial Finance|
|Organisational Change Management|
|Trimester 3||Strategic Management in a Global Context|
Part-time: March, July and October
Part-time: 288 hours
Maximum Candidature Period
There is no formal maximum period in which a student must complete their programme of study. But there is flexibility within our regulations to extend the period of study based upon each students individual requirements - our regulations allow students to suspend their study for up to 2 academic years in exceptional circumstances.
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Some modules may be delivered by our university partners’ teaching staff in an intensive block mode.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
- PSB Academy Diploma In Business Administration or equivalent or
- Polytechnic diplomas in business, management, accountancy, banking, finance, marketing, human resource management, industrial management, or
- Other equivalent diploma, advanced or higher diploma qualifications which will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
(at least one of the above)
English Proficiency Level
- GCE O-level English (Grade 1 to 6) or equivalent; or
- IELTS score of 6, with no element less than 5.5; or
- PSB Academy's Certificate in English Proficiency programme
All applications are subject to approval by Edinburgh Napier University.
International Student Admission
For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.
1 Year Programme (Year 3)
Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. For more information, please complete the Enquiry Form and we will be in touch with you soon.
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.