Dr Bala is currently the Head of School (Covering) in the School of Engineering and Technology at PSB Academy. He attained his Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD degrees in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Madurai Kamaraj University, India.
He had worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at the National University of Singapore. He has more than 25 years of experience in the academic world out of which more than 13 years were spent in teaching, administration and researching in Singapore.
Prior to his appointment in PSB Academy, he was working as Head of the Engineering faculty, the Chair of Academic and Examinations Boards and Academic Director at BMC International College, Singapore. He had successfully headed the academic departments in obtaining the EduTrust status. Also he had played an instrumental role in developing and launching the new degree and diploma programmes.
Prior to his career in Singapore, he had worked in Malaysia and India. While working in India he had successfully headed the EEE department at PSNA college of Engineering and Technology in obtaining the accreditation status from National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
Dr Bala is the member of IEEE (USA) and IEEE power and Energy society.
His vast experience, expertise and passion in teaching will greatly benefit the students at PSB Academy.
Aside from his responsibilities in teaching, Dr Bala contributes as a Co-Chair of the Module Assessment Board, member of Assessment Committee, Curriculum Review Committee and Examination and Awards Board at PSB Academy.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Madurai Kamaraj University, India, 2010
- Master of Engineering, Madurai Kamaraj University, India, 1997
- Bachelor of Engineering, Maduarai Kamaraj University, India, 1990
- Head of School (Covering), Present
- Assistant Head of School, 2019 – 2020
- Senior Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2017 – 2019
- Sessional Lecturer, University of Newcastle, Singapore, 2017
- Head of the Department, Chair of Academic and Examination boards and Academic Director, BMC International College, Singapore, 2011 – 2017
- Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, 2010 – 2011
- Lecturer and Head of the Department, BMC International College, Singapore, 2004 – 2010
- Assistant Professor and Head of the Department, PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, India, 1998 – 2004
- Lecturer, Workers Institute of Technology, Malaysia, 1994 –1998
- “Impacts of Distributed Generation on Power Distribution Systems”, published in Energy Procedia, Elsevier Science, Volume 25, issue (2012), pp.93-100
- “Review of Power Flow Studies on Distribution Network with Distributed Generation”, presented and published in the IEEE ninth international PEDS conference proceedings, 2011.
- “Design of Grid connected Induction Generators for Wind Power generation” published in the International Journal of Wind Engineering, UK, Vol.28, Issue 5, 2004
- “Design of Grid connected Induction Generators for Variable speed Wind Power generation” published in the International Energy Journal, vol. 9(2008), pp 59-64
- “Design of Induction Generators for variable speed wind power Generation” published in the proceedings of Power conference 2006 organised by Annamalai University, India.
- “Representation of wind farms in Load flow studies” published in the SECTAS2002 conference proceedings of Dayalbagh Educational Institute”, Agra, India.
- “Vector control on Double output induction generator for variable speed wind power generation systems” presented and published in the conference IEEE-PEECON 2004”,Chennai,India.