Dr Tamilchelvi Chokkalingam is currently a Senior Lecturer and Programme Leader at PSB Academy. She is a Chartered Accountant trained in UK and Singapore. She also holds a Masters from University of Hull in Finance and Investment. She attained her doctorate in 2015 in the field of management studies and law.
Being a chartered accountant, she has worked in MNCs, audit companies and with the Government as Auditor and Accountant. She started to teach in 1993. To date, she has taught in many institutes and universities. She teaches accounting, auditing, finance, and taxation. Besides, teaching, she has utmost interest in research, especially in the field of governance and ethics.
Aside from her responsibilities in teaching, Dr Tamilchelvi contributes as a Co-Chair of the Curriculum Review Committee at PSB Academy.
- Doctor of Philosophy, SRM University, 2015
- Chartered Accountant, Singapore, 2000
- Master of Business Administration (Finance and Investment), University of Hull, 1997
- ACCA, UK, 1994
- Senior Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2018 - present
- Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2016 - 2018
- Associate Lecturer, SIM, MDIS, Kaplan and NACLI, 2009 – 2015
- Associate Lecturer, PSB Academy, MDIS, JCU, SMa and NACLI, 2006 –2009\Adjunct Faculty Lecturer, National Community Leadership Institute(NACLI), 2004 – 2005
- Head of Internal Audit, People’s Association, 2001 – 2005
- Associate Lecturer, Asia Institute of Management, Thames Consultants and ICPAS, 1999 – 2001
- Audit Senior, Natarajan & Swaminathan, 1999 – 2000
- Lecturer, Thames Business School, 1997 – 1998
- Lecturer, College Unitek Malaysia and FTMS Malaysia, 1996 – 1997
- Associate Lecturer, FTMS Singapore, 1994 – 1995
- Accountant and Finance Manager, Omni Marco Polo Hotel, 1993 – 1995
- Associate Lecturer, Midlands Commercial School, 1992 – 1993
- Accountant, Freight Management Pte Ltd, 1998 - 1992
- "Effect of Charitable Giving: Donors’ Choice of Governance", Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, Vol.4, No.11, pp. 1-13 (2017).
- "Effect of Education on Donors’ Perception of Governance in the Non-profit Sector". Paper presented at the 17th South East Asian Association for Institutional Research (SEAAIR) Conference, 6-8 September 2017 at PSB Academy, Singapore.
- “The Perception of Donors on Existing Regulations and Code of Governance in Singapore and Non-Profit Organisations: a Conceptual Study” (with T Ramachandran), Asian Social Science, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp. 89-95 (2015).
- “Singapore Tax Incentives as Business Attracting Methodology and its applications”, Westminster International University, Issue 10th October 2013.
- “The need for Ethical Practices and Corporate Governance in Todays’ Enterprises”, SRM Management Digest, pp. 27-32, April 2009.