Lim Chong Lye is currently a Lecturer and Module Leader for Mechanical Engineering in School of Engineering and Technology at PSB Academy. He received his Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), and Master degree in Mechanical Engineering from Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He has many years of experience in teaching undergraduate engineering level.
As an academic, he has taught and supervised undergraduate students of engineering and related programmes. He has taught a variety of subjects in undergraduate engineering programmes. His research interests cover cryogenics, CFD, FEM, CAE and product design.
Aside from his responsibilities in teaching, Chong Lye contributes as a member of the Teaching and Learning Committee at PSB Academy.
- Master of Science, Nanyang Technological University, 2009
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2006
- Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2013 – Present
- Head of Programmes / Lecturer, UCSI University, Malaysia, KL
- Design Engineer / Process Engineer, United Test and Assembly Centre Ltd, 2006 – 2011
- Industry Engineer, Focus Metal Engineering Sdn Bhd, Malaysia, Mar 2005 – July 2005
- Lim Chong Lye, Nor Mariah Adam, Kamarul Arifin Ahmad, and Anvarjon Ahmedov. (2017). Cryogenic Pipe Flow Simulation for Liquid Nitrogen. “Cryogenic Pipe Flow Simulation for Liquid Nitrogen”. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol SI 2(2) pp 179-198.
- Lim Chong Lye, Nor Mariah Adam, Kamarul Arifin Ahmad, and Anvarjon Ahmedov. (2017). Cryogenic Pipe Flow Simulation for Liquid Nitrogen. “Derivation of Three-Dimensional Heat Transfer Mathematical Equations to Predict Conductivity of Insulation Systems for Liquid Nitrogen Pipe Flow”. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol SI 2(1) pp 39-56.
- Mahmud Iwan S, Mah Chia Wen, Fahri Heltha, Lim Chong Lye. (2014). Robust PID Controller Tuning for 2D Gantry Crane using Kharitonov’s Theorem and Differential Evolution Optimizer. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 529 pp 267-272
- Lim Zheng Yi, Lim Chong Lye, Ramli bin Osman, Mah Chia Wen, and Mohammed W. Muhieldeen Al-Gailani. (2013). Kinetic Powered Phone Battery Charger. 8th CUTSE International Conference (3-4 December 2013). ISBN 978-983-44482-4-0.