Ong Chin Ann is currently a Lecturer and appointed Program Leader at the School of Engineering and Technology, PSB Academy. He attained his Bachelor of Multimedia and Master of Science by research in year 2009 and 2012 respectively from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia.
Before joining PSB Academy, Chin Ann worked as Web Developer and System Developer. He then became a Lecturer at the School of ICT, Swinburne University of Technology. He teaches various modules related to Programming, Database Design & Analysis, Web Design & Development as well as Big Data Architecture & its Application (Hadoop). He also serve the IEEE Malaysia Sarawak Subsection as one of the Executive Committee Member.
Apart from teaching commitment, Chin Ann is keen and passionate for his research and professional development. He authored/co-authored research article in various international conferences, book chapters, and refereed journals. He was invited to be member of the Editorial Advisory Board for book chapters as well as reviewer for scientific paper published in international conferences and journals. Chin Ann also joined prestigious professional bodies and acquired the certification/status which include Certified Software Tester (ISTQB, Belgium), Certified Professional (ACS, Australia), Certified Trainer (PSMB, Malaysia) and Senior Membership (IEEE, USA).
- Master of Science (Research), Swinburne University of Technology (Australia), 2012
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Multimedia Software Development), Swinburne University of Technology (Australia), 2009
- Senior Member, IEEE (USA), 2018
- Certified Trainer, PSMB (Malaysia), 2018
- Certified Professional, Australian Computer Society, 2017
- Certified Software Tester, International Software Testing Qualification Board (Belgium), 2013
- Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2019 - Present
- Lecturer, Swinburne University of Technology, 2012 - 2019
- System Developer, Independent Data Services (Asia) Sdn. Bhd., 2011
- Teaching Assistant, Swinburne University of Technology, 2009 - 2011
- Web Developer, Adroit Global Network Sdn. Bhd., 2007-2009
- Chair of Publicity, 8th IEEE R10 Humanitarian Technology Conference, 2019-2020
- Executive Committee, IEEE Malaysia Sarawak Subsection, 2018 - 2021
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, IGI Global Publishing (USA), 2011, 2014 & 2015
- Ong, C. A., Fu, S. T., & Voon, Y. N. (2019). A Study on Satisfaction Level among Amateur Web Application Developers towards Pigeon-Table as Nano Web Development Framework. Journal of Organizational and End User Computing (JOEUC). Vol 31(3).
- Ong, C. A., & Lau, B. T. (2019). R10 Subsection of the Month – Sarawak Subsection, IEEE Region 10 Newsletter, Jun/Jul Issue 2019.
- Cheong, E. C. H., Voon, Y. N., Fu, S. T., & Ong, C. A. (2018). Pigeon-Chart: A Customized HTML element for Data Visualization in Data-Driven Web Application using AngularJS, HighCharts, UnderscoreJS and PHP. In the proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Communication and Information Systems (ICCIS 2018). Singapore. IEEE.
- Voon, Y.N. and Ong, C.A. (2017). Pigeon-Table: A Quick Prototyping Tool using Twitter Bootstraps and AngularJS for Data-Driven Web Application Development. In the proceedings of International Conference on Computer and Drone Applications (IconDa 2017). pp. 33-37, Kuching, Malaysia. IEEE
- Win, K.M, Lau, B.T., Ong, C.A. (2015). Multimedia animations and social skills: a preliminary study on social skills acquisition through animated social stories. Advances in Environmental Biology. Vol 9 (27) ISSN-1995-0756
- Ong, C.A., Lau, B.T. Seldon, H.L. and Putra, F.A. (2015). Critical Behavior Monitoring for Children with Special Needs in Preventing Physical Injury using Kinect. In Lau Bee Theng (ed): Assistive Technologies for Physical and Cognitive Disabilities. Hershey: IGI Global Publishing.
- Lau, B.T., Ong, C.A., Putra, F.A. (2014). NonInvasive Monitoring of People with Disabilities via Motion Detection. International Journal of Signal Processing Systems, Vol 2(1). pp. 37-41. June 2014. ISSN: 2315-4535 doi: 10.12720/ijsps.2.1.37-41
- Ong, C.A., and Lau, B.T. (2014). A Facial Expression Mediated Natural User Interface Communication Model for Children with Motor Impairments. In Georgios Kouroupetroglou (ed): Assistive Technologies, Disability Informatics and Computer Access for Motor Limitations.
- Ong, C.A., Lau, B.T., Putra, F.A., and Chai, E.C.C. (2014). Customizable Real Time Human Activity Recognition Framework using Kinect Sensor. In the Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Transformative Research in Science and Engineering, Business and Social Innovation. Kuching, Malaysia.
- Ong, C.A. and Lau, B.T. (2014). “Human Activity Recognition: A review”. In the proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Control System, Computing and Engineering (ICCSCE 2014), 28-30 November 2014, Batu Ferringhi, Malaysia. IEEE.
- Ong, C.A., Lau, B.T. and Bagha, H. (2013). Real Time Injury and Related Activities Monitoring with Single Rotatable Infrared Sensor. International Journal of New Computer Architectures and their Applications (IJNCAA), Vol 3 (1). Hong Kong. SDIWC. Pp. 11-21. ISSN: 2220-9085.
- Ong, C.A., Lau, B.T. and Bagha, H. (2013). An Injury Recognition Model Using Single Rotatable Infrared Sensor. In the Proceedings of the Second International Conference on E-Technologies and Networks for Development. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: SDIWC. Pp 196 - 201. ISBN: 978-0-9853483-6-6.
- Lau, B.T., Ong, C.A., Bagha, H. (2013). Investigating the Potential of Depth Sensor for Monitoring People with Disabilities. In the Proceedings of the 4th Annual International Conference on Infocomm Technologies in Competitive Strategies. Singapore. ISSN: 2251-2136
- Ong, C.A. (2012). An Assistive Communication Model for Children with Cerebral Palsy. Dissertation for Masters of Science by Research. Swinburne University of Technology.
- Ong, C.A. and Lau, B.T. (2012). Helping the Disabled People: The Potentials of Biometric Information. Interactive Technology and Smart Education, Vol 8(3). Emerald Group Publishing. ISSN: 1741-5659.
- Ong, C.A., Lu, M.V. and Lau, B.T. (2011). A Face Based Real Time Communication for Physically and Speech Disabled People. In Lau Bee Theng (ed): Assistive and Augmentative Communication for the Disabled: Intelligent Technologies for Communication, Learning and Teaching. Hershey: IGI Global Publishing. Pp.70-102. ISBN: 978-160960-541-4.
- Ong, C.A. and Lau, B.T. (2011). Biometrics based Assistive Communication Tools for Children with Special Needs. In the Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on IT in Asia. Kuching, Malaysia: IEEE. Pp. 250-255. ISBN: 983-9257-66-8.
- Ong, C.A. and Lau, B.T. (2011). A Study on the Effectiveness of Biometrics Based Alternative Communication Tool. In the Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing. Singapore: IEEE. ISBN: 978-1-4577-0030-9.