Dr Sam Choon Yin is the Dean at PSB Academy. He is also the Head of School of Business and Management.
Dr Sam graduated with a Bachelor of Social Sciences (Hons) from National University of Singapore (NUS), Masters of Business in Finance from University of Technology, Sydney, Masters of Social Sciences from NUS and PhD in International Business and Management from University of South Australia (UNISA).
He has taught subjects in Economics, Finance and Statistics. His current research interests are in the field of international political economy and higher education policy. Aside from his responsibilities in teaching and research, Dr Sam contributes as a member of the Examination Board and Academic Board at PSB Academy.
1. “Partial privatization and the role of state owned holding companies in China”, Journal of Management and Governance, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 767-789 (2013).
2. “Understanding the relationship between the government and sovereign wealth funds: the case of Singapore”, New Zealand Journal of Asian Studies, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 86-104 (2012).
3. “Is economic nationalism good for the environment? A case study of Singapore” (with Sajid Anwar), Asian Studies Review, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 39-58 (2012).
4. “Exploring the link between tax evasion and the underground economy”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp.167-182 (2010).
5. “Partial Privatization, Corporate Governance, and the Role of State-Owned Holding Companies”, Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 58-81 (2008).