PSB Academy Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC) is challenging you to design the “Sportswear of the Future” using Autodesk® Fusion 360™ software. Put your drafting skills in product design to the test by considering aerodynamics, user safety, aesthetics and durability. Your skills could reinvent the future of sportswear in association with global health awareness campaign!
This competition is supported by Autodesk, PSB-IES Student Chapter, and PSB-IET On Campus and NWH Holdings.
27 Aug 2018 (Monday) 9:00am: Commencement of competition
28 Oct 2018 (Sunday) 11:59pm: Deadline for submission of Fusion 360 files.
3 Nov 2018 (Saturday) 9:00am: Announcement of Winners
10 Nov 2018 (Saturday) 10:00am: Award Ceremony in PSB Academy, Singapore
*Time zone in Singapore (GMT+8)
Judges will select the finalists and winners based on the following criteria:
- Innovation and inventiveness (40%): How well does this new design “push the envelope” especially in aerodynamics, user safety, aesthetics and durability.
- Software skills (20%): How well does the student designer demonstrate technical skills and quality of design submitted based on technical requirements?
- Suitability to purpose (20%): How well does the design prove useful and suited to serving its purpose, to provide a positive user experience?
- Creativity (20%): How well does the entry reflect cleverness and originality of thought to support the challenge?
Steps to Get Started
Step 1: Start by downloading Autodesk® Fusion 360 ™. FREE* access is available for students, educators, and schools
Step 2: You may start designing your Sport Wear of the Future from scratch, you may refer to tutorial instructions with this series of how-to videos.
Step 3: Check out more Autodesk how-to videos, tips, and live webinars that teach you to get modelling in Fusion 360 in no time.
Step 4: Submit the registration form, your Fusion 360 file ( .f3d files) and at least one render (.jpg or .png file) to the challenge for consideration by the panel of judges to by 28 October 2018.
Download Registration Form HERE
Submit Registration Form and Design Files HERE
- Ms Kayla Crane, Chief Operating Officer, RearViz International
- Mr Marc Wong, Specialist, PSB Academy, Student Affairs
- Mr Raymond Toh, General Manager, NWH Holdings
- Dr Ang Kiang Long, Lecturer, PSB Academy Autodesk Training Centre
- Dr Victor Sim, Council Member, Institution of Engineers Singapore
- Go-Pro Hero 6 Camera + Rearviz Extreme Adventure “ALL-IN” Package (Includes: Rearviz Classic, Rearviz UT35, Slimline Rearviz, Rearviz Sports Cap, Rearviz Beanie, Rearviz Sports Tee, Rearviz All-Weather Bike Decals) (Worth SGD 600).
- SGD150 worth Amazon Gift Voucher.
- The best design to be named after the designer’s name initials (i.e. Rearviz xxx).
- Framed Champion’s Certificate endorsed by Rearviz visionary inventor Mr. Raymond Crane.
- Interview with the winner, and featurette on the Rearviz International website (with mention of PSB Academy) and possibly in Australian media
- GoPro Hero Action Video Camera (worth SGD 300)
- Rearviz Sports Package (Includes: Rearviz Classic, Rearviz Sports Cap, Rearviz Sports Tee)
- Framed 2nd Place Certificate endorsed by Rearviz visionary inventor Mr. Raymond Crane
- Interview with the 2nd Place winner, and featurette on the Rearviz International website (with mention of PSB Academy).
- SGD150 worth Amazon Gift Voucher
- Rearviz Junior Sports Package (Includes: Slimline Rearviz, Rearviz Sports Cap) + Merit Certificate endorsed by Rearviz visionary inventor Mr. Raymond Crane
- Framed 3rd Place Certificate endorsed by Rearviz visionary inventor Mr. Raymond Crane
- Interview with the 3rd Place winner, and featurette on the Rearviz International website (with mention of PSB Academy)
See full terms and conditions of the competition here.
SUBMIT MY DESIGN NOW
* Rearviz reserves the right to replace any item in the arrangement with another of higher or equivalent value depending on availability.