Students of the Postgraduate Diploma in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management will be able to:
- Extrapolate performance in all aspects of logistics (e.g. transport, warehousing, procurement, customer service, demand planning, inventory management, etc.) & deduce opportunities for cost reduction or improved service
- Analyse & evaluate business situations, identify Supply & Value chain issues & explain solutions in a logical manner
- Compile & access methods to optimize product flow within a supply chain
- Implement improved logistics processes within a specific organisation in a supply chain
- Demonstrate problem solving skills via the evaluation of supply chain systems from different perspectives
- Identify the likely supply chain management effects as a result of current trends & challenges facing various industries
- Appraise emerging sustainability, corporate & social responsibility initiatives & their impact on supply chain strategies
Upon successful completion of this programme, students with an average score of B+ and IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0), are eligible for articulation entry to final year of the Master of Supply Chain Management programme, conducted at Massey University’s campuses in New Zealand.
Theoretical and Practical Knowledge
This programme equips students with the theoretical & practical knowledge for a management role in the Logistics and Supply Chain field. You will master the skills in extrapolating performance in all aspects of logistics, implementing improved logistics processes & more.