Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computer Science
Computer science exposes the heart and soul of almost all the technology we rely on in the modern world. It introduces many of the most powerful problem-solving strategies known to mankind. You will gain a foundational knowledge in all areas of the subject, including programming, computer architecture, software system design and usability testing. You will also work on professional skills and relevant mathematics. By the end of the second year, you should have learned to write and test programs, work in a development team on a real world project, understand and build computer and network systems and have a working knowledge of vital aspects of computer industry ethics and law.
In the final year, these skills are combined with an individual project. This normally involves building an original computer system, which will solve one of a range of challenging problems suggested by an expert in the relevant field. We introduce you to the study of the limits of computation, techniques for analysing and solving more complex problems and large scale software systems development.
- Top 12 University in the UK
(Guardian University Guide 2018)
- Awarded Gold for Outstanding Teaching and Learning
(Teaching Excellence Framework 2017)
- UK's Top Modern University
(Complete University Guide 2018)
- Top 200 Young University in the World
(Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2017)
- University of the Year
(Times Higher Education Awards 2015)
- Database administrator
- Games developer
- Information systems manager
- IT consultant
- Multimedia programmer
- Network engineer
- Systems analyst
- Systems developer
This programme can be completed between 16 months to 32 months.
This programme consists of 13 modules with exemptions; the full programme consists of 20 modules
Assessment and Examination
Assessments may include laboratory assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Designing for Usability 1
- Computer Architecture and Networks
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Logic and Sets
- Academic Writing for Sciences
- Academic Writing 3
- Data and Information Retrieval
- Effective Communication Skills II
- Individual Project
- Operating Systems, Security and Networks
- Open Source Development
- Programming, Algorithms and Data Structures
- Agile Development
- Real World Project
- Software Engineering
- Software Quality and Process Management
- Technology and its Social, Legal and Ethical Context
- Android Application Development
Delivery of modules may not follow the sequence above and are subject to changes.
March, July and November
Local Student Admission
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Polytechnic diploma or equivalent qualifications in relevant areas of Computer Science; OR
- PSB Academy Diploma in InfoComm Technology; OR
- Applicants holding other diploma-level qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
English Language Requirements
- Applicants should either possess a diploma from a recognised institution where English is the sole medium of instruction; OR
- IELTS score of 6.0
International Student Admission
For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.
Local / International Student
Course fees (with exemptions): $23,368.80
Course fees (full): $35,374.20
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Course fees are payable in instalments
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
Early Bird Sign-Up Rebate
All non-STP applicants who formally submit their applications 2 months before course commencement date and accept their offer by making their first installment payment will be eligible for an early-bird sign-up rebate of 5% off their total course fees.
Step 1: Download application form
Application Form for Enrolment into programmes awarded by:
Application Form for Enrolment
Step 2: Completed application forms should be submitted to PSB Academy accompanied by
- A non-refundable application fee to be made payable to 'PSB ACADEMY PTE LTD' by cheque or money order
- Certified true copies of transcripts and certificates
- Photocopy of NRIC / Passport
- For Master's degree programme application, please attach reference letters as per University's requirement.
For company-sponsored applicants:
- Payment must be made by company cheque.
- Please write applicant's name and NRIC, Programme Title and Programme Date on the reverse side of the cheque.
|Local Application Fee (Inclusive of 7% GST) with effect from 1st January 2018|
|Certificate and Diploma||S$64.20|
|Bachelor's and Master's Degree||S$107.00|
Click here to view Transfer, Withdrawal & Refund Policy
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.