PSB Academy is committed to fulfil the requirements of EduTrust Guidance Document, ISO Standards (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018) and other regulatory compliance obligations.
We are committed to:
As an established and trusted private educational institution, PSB Academy is committed to maintaining a high standard of confidentiality with respect to the personal data of our students, alumni, employees and associate lecturers in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”).
To help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect the personal data of our students, alumni and associate lecturers please see our Data Protection Policy. Employees can refer to the employee personal data protection policy in HR policy manual in our intranet.
Should you have any feedback or enquiries relating to your personal data, please contact:
The Personal Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the following address:
For more information about the PDPA, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at https://www.pdpc.gov.sg.
1) “Personal Data” is defined under the PDPA to mean personal information, whether true or not and whether in electronic or other form, about an individual who can be identified:
Examples of personal data are your name, address, NRIC/FIN/Passport number, photograph or video image, telephone numbers and email addresses.
2) To find out more about PDPA, you may visit the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission’s website.
Purposes for Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data
1) PSB Academy Pte Ltd and its partners, including its University partners (collectively “PSB Academy”, “we” or “us”) collect, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes in connection with the products or services which you have applied for, to the extent applicable:
2) By providing the Personal Data, including those related to a third party (e.g.: information of your parents) to us through the various channels (e.g.: written form, webpage), you represent and warrant that consent, including that of the third party, has been obtained for collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the respective purposes. In the event the personal data is to be used for a new purpose, PSB Academy will notify you and seek your consent.
3) PSB Academy ensures that your Personal Data held by us shall be kept confidential. When transferring personal data to our third-party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations whether in Singapore or elsewhere to carry out one or more of the purposes listed above, we will require them to ensure that your Personal Data disclosed to them is kept confidential and secure.
Withdrawal of Consent
4) Associate Lecturers and students may withdraw your consent to any or all use of Personal Data for any or all of the purposes set out in this policy in writing using the Withdrawal of Consent Form and submitting through our DPO email or through our Reception counter in either of PSB Academy’s campuses. For alumni, you may “unsubscribe” to the relevant notifications from Alumni Services.
Without prejudice, if you withdraw your consent to the use of your Personal Data for any or all purposes, depending on the nature of your request, PSB Academy may not be in a position to continue to provide our services to you or administer any contractual relationship in place, in which case PSB Academy reserves the right to cease providing the services and/or terminate the contractual relationship with you.
5) Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree and acknowledge that any withdrawal of your consents in accordance with the terms set out in this notice will not affect any consent which you may have provided to PSB Academy in respect of the use of your Singapore telephone number(s) for the receiving of marketing or promotional information.
Administration & Management of Personal Data
6) As PSB Academy relies on your Personal Data to provide services to you, you shall ensure that at all times the information provided by you to us are correct, accurate and complete. Student shall update us in a timely manner of all changes to the information provided through “Updating of Particulars” via PSB Academy website. Alumni and Associate lecturers shall update their Personal Data through our relevant departments as and when necessary or through our annual update.
7) You can view your personal data which PSB Academy has collected and stored at any time. To do so, you will need to submit your request via email to the relevant schools to view your personal data residing with PSB Academy. Your right to view your personal data is limited to your personal data only. PSB Academy is not permitted to reveal any personal data about any other individual. PSB Academy reserves the right to refuse access to your personal data if it will reveal or lead to the revelation of another individual’s personal data, cause harm to you or another individual or is contrary to the national interest.
8) Your Personal Data is retained to the extent one or more of the purposes for which it was collected remains valid and/or for other legal or business purposes for which retention may be necessary.
9) PSB Academy will take commercially reasonable efforts to take appropriate precautions and preventive measures to ensure that the electronic storage and transmission of your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured with the appropriate security arrangements and that our data intermediary are aware of the requirements of PDPA. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your Personal Data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
10) If you have any feedback or enquiries relating to our PDPA related policies and procedures or would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
11) PSB Academy reserves the right to amend this Policy with or without notice from time to time.
Please note that this Policy does not derogate from the terms and conditions governing your relationship with PSB Academy and its related corporations. PSB Academy’s rights under this Policy shall be without prejudice to other rights of collection, use and disclosure available pursuant to the terms and conditions or under the law and nothing herein is to be construed as limiting any of these other rights.
We will engage staff and students actively in programmes to provide a safe, healthy environment to work, and learn to minimise potential hazards/ risks through workable ways and terror threats to our staff and public.
WORKPLACE SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITMENT
PSB Academy commits to ensure a safe place for all its employees and students. We believe in educating our employees and students on taking responsibiity for safety, health and protection of the environment for the promotion of sustainability.
Top Management Team
The top management team is committed to preventing workplace incidents, injuries and illness. The top management team will provide support for safety programme initiatives and kept informed about workplace safety and health hazards.
The committee includes employer and employee representatives who are responsible for recommending safety and health improvements in the workplace. The committee is also responsible for identifying hazards and unsafe work practices. The company safety, health and environment programme will be regularly reviewed by the WSHE Committee.
All employees and student are expected and encouraged to participate in safety, health and environment programme activities including the following : reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents immediately to their supervisors or WSHE committee representative. Lab staff are required to wear personal protective equipment.
Security and Threat
We value the safety and security of all employees, students, vendors and visitors and are committed to mitigate risks, including those posed by terrorism, by preparing our employees and protecting our workplace.
For feedback relating to safety and environment, please email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
PSB Academy does not tolerate any malpractice, impropriety, statutory non-compliance or wrongdoing by staff in the course of their work.
This Policy provides a framework to promote responsible and secure whistleblowing without fear of adverse consequences. Employees and outside parties, such as students, partners, contractors and other stakeholders, may use the procedures set out in the Policy to report any concern or complaint regarding questionable or unsafe work practices or any other matters involving fraud, corruption or employee misconduct.
This Policy protects genuine whistleblowers from any unfair treatment as a result of their reporting. Frivolous and bogus complaints will be disregarded.
This Policy is also not a route for taking up personal grievances. These should continue to be escalated directly to Heads of Department / Schools.
We encourage employees and outside parties to put their names to their allegations whenever possible. Concerns or irregularities expressed anonymously are more difficult to act upon effectively but they will be considered, taking into account the seriousness and credibility of the issues raised, and the likelihood of confirming the allegation from reliable sources based on information provided.
All concerns or irregularities raised will be treated with confidence and every effort will be made to ensure that confidentiality is maintained throughout the process.
Concerns may be raised by writing to email@example.com.
As it is essential for us to have all critical information in order to be able to effectively evaluate and investigate a complaint, the report made should provide as much detail and be as specific as possible. The complaint should include details of the parties involved, date/s or time, the type of concern, evidence substantiating the complaint and contact details, in case further information is required.
All matters reported will be reviewed within a reasonable timeframe, and after due consideration and inquiry, a decision on whether to proceed with a detailed investigation, will be made by CEO in consultation with other relevant parties where necessary.
Where appropriate these complaints will be escalated Chairman of the Board, who will then decide whether to report the matter to the Board.
This policy is for reporting irregularities such as -
We endeavour to ensure prompt and appropriate investigation and resolution. All information disclosed during the course of investigation will remain confidential, except as necessary or appropriate to conduct the investigation and to take any remedial action, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
We reserve the right to refer any concerns or complaints to appropriate external authorities. Depending on the nature of the complaint, the subject of the complaint may be informed of the allegations against him or her and be provided with an opportunity to answer to such allegations. Employees who fail to cooperate in an investigation, or deliberately provide false information during an investigation, shall be subject to disciplinary action including, immediate dismissal.
If, upon the conclusion of the investigation, we determine that a violation has occurred or the allegations are substantiated, effective remedial action commensurating with the severity of the offence will be taken.
We prohibit discrimination, retaliation or harassment of any kind against a whistleblower who submits a complaint or report in good faith. If a whistleblower believes that he or she is being subjected to discrimination, retaliation or harassment for having made a report under this Policy, he or she should immediately report those facts to the CEO. Reporting should be done promptly to facilitate investigation and the taking of appropriate action.