Why you should sign up?
- Want to make a difference by creating an impact to a student with your personal experience?
- Do you want to experience a rewarding and meaningful relationship with your juniors?
- Keen to give back voluntarily to the school and help a student transit from the school to the working world?
Be an Alumni Mentor now!
As a mentor, you will be assigned a mentee based on his or her unique developmental needs. You will be required to help individuals develop skills, competencies and the right attitude to achieve their desired learning and outcome.
Your mentee will count on you for guidance and support in the following areas:
- Career Coach / Advisor
- Source of Engagement & Support
- Resource Person
What is the key purposes of mentoring?
- To enable an individual to learn and develop through the transfer of knowledge, understanding and skills based on the experience of another
- To facilitate, in a given context, learning, development and performance, to help others to develop the skills, competences and attitudes to achieve the desired outcomes.
- To help individuals to develop competencies to manage their learning to fulfill their potential
- To provide support for the development of an individual in a given context
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Unibly?
A: Unibly is a mobile application that is easy and simple for end users to communicate with one another.
Q: How do I sign up on the platform and how much does it cost?
A: Download the Unibly App via Apple store or Google Play. It’s a free mobile application.
Q: What am I expected to do?
A: Mentors are expected to provide the mentee support. Most of this interaction will take place via Unibly platform.
Q: How long will the commitment be?
A: We ask our mentors to commit for at least a year and have the flexibility to communicate with the mentee anytime on the Unibly platform.
Q: What if my mentee does not respond to me / Relationship is not going well / Rise of concerns?
A: We encourage you to contact the Alumni Engagement Team immediately and we will provide full support to resolve the situation in a positive and satisfactory manner.