Pathways To Pursue After N-Levels
After completing your N-Levels, you might be wondering what’s next for your academic journey. With so many paths to choose from, it can be a daunting decision.
N-Level graduates have several options, including pursuing IGCSE or enrolling in ITE’s Nitec and Higher Nitec courses.
Graduates of the N-Levels have a clear academic progression pathway towards a degree at PSB Academy. Students can take a significant step towards these qualifications by first pursuing the Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) course, setting the stage for academic progression and higher education. After successful completion of the IGCSE, students can then enrol in a range of certificate and diploma programmes offered by PSB Academy.
- Take O-Levels at Secondary 5: Students who meet specific criteria can continue their secondary education for an additional year (Secondary 5) to take the O-Level examinations.
- Institute of Technical Education (ITE): Institute of Technical Education (ITE) offers two robust educational pathways for students seeking full-time courses. The first pathway involves enrolment in Nitec courses. These are foundation-level programmes providing practical skills and industry-oriented knowledge in diverse fields such as engineering, business, and hospitality. The second pathway, newly introduced from 2024, comprises three-year Higher Nitec courses. This pathway allows students the opportunity to attain qualifications in three years instead of four.
- Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP): The Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP) is one of the two pathways for Normal (Academic) students that were launched in 2013. It allows Secondary 4 N(A) students to be admitted directly into a 2-year Higher Nitec programme at the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) without having to sit for the O-Level examinations or undergo a Nitec programme. If you successfully complete the course with the minimum required Grade Point Average (GPA), you are guaranteed a place in a polytechnic diploma course mapped to your Higher Nitec course.
- Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP): Students with an ELMAB3 score of 12 points or less can enrol in the one-year PFP, offering a practice-oriented curriculum taught by polytechnic lecturers to prepare N(A) students for entry into relevant diploma courses.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Programme: Developed by the University of Cambridge Assessment International Examinations (CAIE) and offered by many international schools, the IGCSE programme is designed to prepare students for further academic study, such as A-Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB), or other equivalent qualifications.
Enrol in the IGCSE Prep Course With PSB Academy
At PSB Academy, N-Level graduates can benefit from enrolling in the Cambridge IGCSE Preparatory Course, a 5-month intensive programme designed to prepare students for the IGCSE examinations. With an impressive close to 100% passing rate from 2018 to 2021 cohorts, our IGCSE prep course has successfully helped students progress onto certificate programmes and diplomas across 13 disciplines. As a registered Cambridge school and exam centre for IGCSE, PSB Academy offers the convenience of taking both lessons and assessments in one place, ensuring a seamless learning experience.
Progress to the Certificate Programme After IGCSE
After completing the IGCSE programme, students can choose to pursue certificate courses which provide a more focused and specialised education in specific fields. These programmes can be an excellent stepping stone to higher education, preparing students for further study.
Pursuing a certificate course with PSB Academy in Singapore offers numerous benefits for students, such as flexible full-time or part-time study options, including e-learning.
These courses focus on developing foundational knowledge and practical skills in a specific area, such as:
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Business Studies (E-learning)
- Certificate in Engineering Foundation
- Certificate in Engineering Foundation (E-learning)
- Certificate in InfoComm Technology
- Certificate in InfoComm Technology (E-learning)
- Certificate in Media and Communications
- Certificate in Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Certificate in Sport and Exercise Science (E-learning)
Upon completion, students can progress to diploma programmes and later degrees awarded by one of the renowned university partners at PSB Academy. PSB Academy provides a choice of disciplines and allows students to complete their certificate course in just six months.
Find a Course at PSB Academy
At PSB Academy, we understand that each student has unique interests and goals. By offering a wide range of courses, PSB Academy tailors our programmes to suit the diverse needs of our N-Level graduates.
By working your way through the different levels of education, you can explore the different academic levels – ultimately achieve your academic goals, whether it’s obtaining a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree, or even a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA).
Explore PSB Academy’s range of disciplines now. Enquire with us to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pathways After N-Levels
What are the possible pathways for N-Level graduates?
N-Level graduates can choose from options such as the IGCSE programme, ITE Nitec and Higher Nitec courses, Direct Entry Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP), and Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP).
How can PSB Academy help N-Level graduates with their educational journey?
PSB Academy offers the Cambridge IGCSE Prep Course, a 5-month intensive programme with a close to 100% passing rate (2018–2022 cohorts), and serves as a registered Cambridge school and exam centre.
Can N-Level graduates pursue certificate and diploma programmes after completing the IGCSE programme?
Yes, N-Level graduates who have completed the IGCSE programme can progress to a certificate offered by PSB Academy across various disciplines, before progression to the diploma programmes.
Find a course
Business Management Courses
General Studies Courses
Sports Sciences Courses
BROWSE FULL LIST OF COURSES
Look for a course that you’re interested in and start your PSB Academy journey today!