The University of Newcastle, Australia is one of Australia’s leading universities attracting students and staff of the highest calibre. Offering a comprehensive range of programmes, the University has an established international reputation for academic excellence, innovative teaching and research achievements.
It is part of a rapidly expanding network of cooperative partnerships with individuals, corporations and institutions. The University’s strengths and specialised approach to teaching and research are demonstrated in the following:
The University's Accolades:
- Ranked 1st in Australia and 28th in the world in "Top 100 under 50"
(Times Higher Education 100 Under 50 universities 2014)
- Ranked 9th in Australia
(Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2013-2014
- Ranked top 3% of universities in the world
(Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2013-2014)
- Awarded rating of 5-Stars
(QS Stars, 2014)
- Ranked 26th in "Top 50 under 50"
(QS World University Rankings 2013)
- Among the Top 15 Australian universities for research
(Excellence in Research for Australia, ARC 2011)
- 60th University in the Asia-Pacific
(Shanghai Jiao Tong University Academic Rankings 2011)
- Associate member of The Group of Eight Deans of Engineering and Associates
(Group of Eight Australia)
- Over 2,000 University of Newcastle students currently enrolled in PSB Academy