Dr. Alexis Chon
Dr Alexis Chon graduated with a first class honours in Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Philosophy, major in Materials Chemistry. She was the content consultant to provide academic consultation in the rollout of the free online portal for secondary students by the state government (Kedah). She has more than 5 years of teaching experience and has taught students at different levels, including secondary, diploma and undergraduate students.
Dr Chon is currently the chemistry module leader for Foundation Diploma in Life Sciences (FDLS). She is also the chemistry/pharmaceutical chemistry module leader for the LTU/PSB partnership programme.
She has 8 articles published in peer-reviewed journals and she received several awards, including gold and silver medals in innovation exhibitions (2011-2012), gold medal for postgraduate & research (2015), outstanding graduate award (2015) and outstanding student support (2016).
Aside from her responsibilities in teaching, Dr Chon contributes as Member of the Assessment Committee, and Ex-Officio of the Examination and Awards Board at PSB Academy.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 2015
- Bachelor of Science (Hons), Universiti Putra Malaysia, 2009
- Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2015 – present
- Chemistry Content Consultant, Programme of Kedah E-tutor, 2015
- Chemistry Lecturer, INTI International University & Colleges, 2014-2015
- Postgraduate Mentor/Lab Teaching Assistant, 2009-2014
Home Tutor, 2012-2015
- K.B. Tan, M.P. Chon, C.C. Khaw, Z. Zainal, Y.H. Taufiq-Yap and S.K. Chen, P.Y. Tan, The Phase Equilibria of Bi2O3-CuO-Nb2O5 Ternary System, Ceramics International, 43 (2017) 4930-4936.
- M.P. Chon, K.B. Tan, C.C. Khaw, Z. Zainal, Y.H. Taufiq Yap, S.K. Chen, P.Y. Tan, Synthesis and Electrical Properties of Zn-substituted Bismuth Copper Tantalate Pyrochlores, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, 13(4) (2016) 718-725.
- M.P. Chon, K.B. Tan, C.C. Khaw, Z. Zainal, Y.H. Taufiq Yap, S.K. Chen, P.Y. Tan, Subsolidus Phase Equilibria and Electrical Properties of Pyrochlores in the Bi2O3-CuO-Ta2O5 Ternary System, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 675 (2016) 116-127
- M.P. Chon, K.B. Tan, C.C. Khaw, Z. Zainal, Y.H. Taufiq Yap, S.K. Chen, P.Y. Tan, Investigation of the Phase Formation and Dielectric Properties of Bi7Ta3O18, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 590 (2014) 479-485.
- K.B. Tan, M.P. Chon, C.C. Khaw, Z. Zainal, Y.H. Taufiq Yap, P.Y. Tan, Novel Monoclinic Zirconolite in Bi2O3-CuO-Ta2O5 Ternary System: Phase Equilibria, Structural and Electrical Properties, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 592 (2014) 140-149.
- M.P. Chon, K.B. Tan, C.C. Khaw, Z. Zainal, Y.H. Taufiq Yap, Synthesis and Impedance Studies of CuTa2−2xO6−5x Perovskites, Advanced Science Letters, 19 (2013) 992-996.
- M.P. Chon, K.B. Tan, C.C. Khaw, Z. Zainal, Y.H. Taufiq Yap, P.Y. Tan, Structural and Electrical Properties of Novel Pyrochlores in Bi2O3-CuO-Ta2O5 Ternary System, Ceramics International, 38 (2012) 4253-4261.
- M.P. Chon, K.B. Tan, C.C. Khaw, Z. Zainal, Y.H. Taufiq Yap, Preparation and characterization of new pyrochlore Bi1.5-xCuNb1.5+xO7+x, Journal of Solid State Science & Technology, 19 (2011) 175-189