Mr. Syafiq Shahul
Syafiq Shahul is currently Assistant Lecturer and Programme Leader in the School of Engineering and Technology at PSB Academy. He is concurrently Programme Coordinator (Mechanical Engineering) for PSB Academy at Urumqi Vocational University, China and Faculty Adviser to IES PSB Academy.
He graduated with a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (Hons) from Coventry University. He attained his Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education from National Institute of Education (NIE) and Executive Certificate in Engineering Leadership from Nanyang Business School at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He completed the high-level design thinking teaching and learning at Stanford University, Palo Alto Campus.
Syafiq is a Council Member at The Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES) and Chairman of Young Engineers Committee & Student Chapters Committee. He also sits in the Youth Talent Development Working Group at The Federation of Engineering in Asia Pacific (FEIAP) and School Advisory Committee at the Ministry of Education (MOE) School.
As Faculty Member, Syafiq is Final Year Project (FYP) supervisor for Coventry University. His research interests includes Smart Nation, Mechanical Product Design and Educational Policies. He holds other portfolio i.e. Industry Advisory Board, Academic Secretariat, Member of CSR Committee & Branch Secretary at the Singapore Industrial and Services Employees’ Union (SISEU) PSB Academy Union Branch.
Syafiq was involved in the expansion of PSB Academy regional campuses during his tenure as Management Trainee under the Corporate Strategy and Communications Department. He was responsible for the operations and strategic planning for Chindwin-PSB Institute in Myanmar. Commending his professional involvements, Syafiq is also actively involved into volunteering community outreach.
Aside from his responsibilities in teaching, Syafiq contributes as a Co-Chair of the Module Assessment Board at PSB Academy.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (Hons), Coventry University, 2017
- Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education, National Institute of Education, 2020
- Executive Certificate in Engineering Leadership, Nanyang Technological University, Nanyang Business School, 2020
- Certificate in Design Thinking, Teaching and Learning Studio, Stanford University Hasso Plattner School of Design, 2019
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), SkillsFuture Singapore, 2019
- Certified Instructor, EC Council, 2020
- Certified Security Specialist, EC Council, 2020
- Certified Secure Computer User, EC Council, 2019
- Assistant Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2018 – Present
- Council Member, The Institution of Engineers Singapore, 2020 – Present
- Chairman, Young Engineers Committee, The Institution of Engineers Singapore, 2020 – Present
- Chairman, IES Student Chapters Committee, The Institution of Engineers Singapore, 2020 – Present
- Executive Committee, Youth Talent Development Working Group, Federation of Engineering in Asia Pacific, 2020 – Present
- Member, School Advisory Committee, Ministry of Education (MOE), 2019 – Present
- Member, Publications Committee, The Institution of Engineers Singapore, 2019 – Present
- Faculty Adviser, IES PSB Academy Student Chapter, 2018 – Present
- Faculty Adviser, IET PSB Academy On Campus, 2018 – 2019
- Management Trainee, PSB Academy, 2017 – 2018